I. MARKET & COMPETITION
Houseplants are a niche but rapidly growing market in Europe and America.
- Houseplant sales in the U.S have risen almost 50% in 3 years to $1.7 billion in 2018. – U.S Gardening Association
- 10-15% year-on-year increase across the industry in houseplants since 2013 – Royal Horticultural Society (UK)
- Of the 6 million people who started gardening in 2016, 80% of them were aged 18 to 34 – National Gardening Survey
Their popularity has transformed the industry, and created a new generation of startups
- Bloomscape raised a $1.7 million seed round in 2018, and has grown 50% month-over-month since its launch (February 2019)
- The Sill raised a total of $7.5M since 2012. Sales have been up 500% year-over-year, with anticipated revenue of nearly $5 million in 2018. (August 2018)